Taste of the Wild® Ancient Prairie Canine Recipe
The unique combination of pasture-raised bison, pasture-raised venison and ancient grains means this recipe is flavorful and rich in highly digestible protein. It also features antioxidants for immune support and more.
- Ancient Grains – Ancient grains like grain sorghum, millet, quinoa and chia seed are naturally high in fiber and rich in protein. Unchanged for thousands of years, different grains provide various nutrients such as vitamins, minerals, antioxidants and omega fatty acids.
- Pasture-Raised Bison & Pasture-Raised Venison – Roasted bison and roasted venison provide highly digestible protein with a roasted flavor your dog will crave.
- Species-Specific Probiotics – Healthy digestive and immune systems are vital to the overall health of your pet. Our proprietary K9 Strain Probiotics are developed specifically for dogs and added after the cooking process to ensure viability. Each pound of Taste of the Wild provides 80 million live, active cultures that help support healthy digestive and immune systems.
- Omega Fatty Acid Blend – Optimal levels of omega-6 and omega-3 fatty acids work together to support healthy skin and a shiny coat.
- All Life Stages Nutrition – This recipe provides the vitamins, minerals and other essential nutrients your pet needs throughout their life.
- Antioxidants – Ancient grains and fruits, including grain sorghum, millet, quinoa, chia seed, tomatoes, blueberries and raspberries, provide nutrients that help support your dog’s overall well-being, while guaranteed levels of zinc, selenium and vitamin E support the immune system.
Available in 5, 14, & 28 lb bags
Water buffalo, pork, chicken meal, grain sorghum, millet, chicken fat (preserved with mixed tocopherols), cracked pearled barley, dried yeast, roasted bison, roasted venison, natural flavor, flaxseed, beef, quinoa, chia seed, tomato pomace, salmon oil (a source of DHA), dicalcium phosphate, calcium carbonate, salt, potassium chloride, DL-Methionine, choline chloride, taurine, dried chicory root, tomatoes, blueberries, raspberries, yucca schidigera extract, L-Carnitine, dried Lactobacillus plantarum fermentation product, dried Bacillus subtilis fermentation product, dried Lactobacillus acidophilus fermentation product, dried Enterococcus faecium fermentation product, dried Bifidobacterium animalis fermentation product, vitamin E supplement, iron proteinate, zinc proteinate, copper proteinate, ferrous sulfate, zinc sulfate, manganese sulfate, copper sulfate, potassium iodide, thiamine mononitrate, manganese proteinate, ascorbic acid, vitamin A supplement, biotin, niacin, calcium pantothenate, sodium selenite, pyridoxine hydrochloride, vitamin B12 supplement, riboflavin, vitamin D3 supplement, folic acid.
Contains a source of live (viable), naturally occurring microorganisms.
Water buffalo meat from India has been used in our recipes since 2015.
The facility in which this food is made also makes food that may contain other ingredients.
|Crude Protein||32.0% minimum|
|Crude Fat||18.0% minimum|
|Crude Fiber||3.0% maximum|
|DHA (Docosahexaenoic Acid)||0.05% minimum|
|Zinc||150 mg/kg minimum|
|Selenium||0.4 mg/kg minimum|
|Vitamin A||15,000 IU/kg minimum|
|Vitamin E||150 IU/kg minimum|
|L-Carnitine*||100 mg/kg minimum|
|Omega-6 Fatty Acids*||3.0% minimum|
|Omega-3 Fatty Acids*||0.6% minimum|
|Glucosamine*||750 mg/kg minimum|
|Chondroitin Sulfate*||250 mg/kg minimum|
(Lactobacillus plantarum, Bacillus subtilis, Lactobacillus acidophilus, Enterococcus faecium, Bifidobacterium animalis in descending amounts)
|not less than 80,000,000 CFU/lb|
*Not recognized as an essential nutrient by the AAFCO Dog Food Nutrient Profiles.